Duration: 2 days
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Prerequisites: Participants must complete both the Safety Basics and Hazard Assessment & Analysis courses prior to registering for this course.
Participants should have good written & verbal communication skills in addition to keen observational, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
PPE Required: N/A
This intensive 2-day course is mandatory for MHSA Members in order to obtain Peer Auditor certification. All companies participating in the PIR & COR programs must have at least one certified Peer Auditor on staff.
This course is for employees designated as the company Peer Auditor and responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of a company's health and safety management system to achieve COR certification.
By means of classroom instruction, group discussion and written and practical exercises, the principles and practices of health and safety management system auditing are conveyed to participants as they learn how to conduct a complete program evaluation using the MHSA electronic audit tool.
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction (PIR) and Certificate of Recognition (COR) Programs
- Definition, purpose and types of audits
- Auditor’s role, responsibilities, Code of Ethics and skills
- Audit steps, question guidelines and validation techniques
- Note writing, making suggestions for improvement and identifying existing strengths
- MHSA Quality Assurance Program
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Receive MHSA Peer Auditor Certification
- Improve your health and safety program through the audit process
- Increase your general health and safety management system knowledge and skills
CRSP Points: BCRSP has previously awarded CM points for this event. The current contains 16 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See BCRSP web site at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
Note: Participants must pass a written Provincial exam (80%), and successfully complete a qualification audit within 6 months of the course.
- Members: $175.00
- Assoc. Members: $250.00
- Non Members: $300.00
*Prices do not include GST