Duration: 1 day
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
PPE Required: CSA approved hard hat, safety footwear, long sleeved shirts or coveralls, safety vest and gloves.
This 1-day course teaches participants the fundamentals of rigging of symmetrical loads with synthetic, chain and wire rope slings, as well as rigging hardware. Discussions will include basic hitches using one and two slings and 2 leg bridles as well as sling tension calculations. Participant learning is reinforced by actually rigging up assorted loads. Safe operating practices are stressed throughout the course.
- Occupational Health & Safety and Manufacturer's requirements
- Calculating load weight
- Understanding centre of gravity
- Selecting suitable lifting points
- Inspection and rigging practices for slings and rigging hardware
- Hazard identification, pinch points and danger zone
After completing this course you will understand:
- the principles and practices for rigging symmetrical loads
- the importance of applying these principles and practices at your worksite
- that you must get direct supervision from a competent rigger for any rigging job that you don't have enough experience to do
**Job specific familiarization training and determination of competency are the sole responsibility of the Employer.
Note: Participants are required to successfully complete a written exam with a 70% passing mark
- Members: $175.00
- Assoc. Members: $225.00
- Non Members: $250.00
*Prices do not include GST