Format: Classroom and practical hands-on
Duration: 2 days
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
PPE Required: CSA approved hard hat, safety footwear, long sleeved shirts or coveralls, safety vest and gloves.
This 2-day interactive course teaches participants how to safely use Overhead Cranes and Rigging to make a Level 1 lift.
Level 1 Lift:
- Standard or Routine lift
- Symmetrical load
- 1 or 2 slings (or 2 leg bridle)
- Basic rigging components
- Single crane with one hoist
- Short travel distance
Participants will receive classroom and practical instruction.
This course is the pre-requisite for Overhead Crane Operator Level 2.
Level 1 & 2 - together - provide a strong understanding of the techniques and practices required for rigging and lifting both symmetrical and non-symmetrical loads with single or dual cranes.
- Occupational Health & Safety and Manufacturer's requirements
- Calculating load weight
- Understanding centre of gravity
- Selecting suitable lifting points
- Inspection and rigging practices for slings, rigging hardware and below-the-hook lifting devices
- Overhead Crane pre-operational inspection and safe operating practices
- Lift planning – travel route hazards, pinch points, danger zone, proper body positioning
- Load Stability and control
- Signalling and Tag Lines
- Load positioning and final placement
- Crane shut down procedures
After completing this course you will understand:
- the principles and practices for planning and making a Level 1 lift
- the importance of applying these principles and practices at your worksite
- that you must get direct supervision from a competent crane operator for any lifts that you don't have enough experience to carry out
**Job specific familiarization training and determination of competency are the sole responsibility of the Employer.
Note: Participants are required to successfully complete a written and practical exam with a 70% passing mark
- Members: $300.00
- Assoc. Members: $350.00
- Non Members: $400.00
*Prices do not include GST