CMP Points: N/A
Duration: 1/2 day
Time: 8:00 am - 12:30 pm or 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
PPE Required: N/A
This four-hour course introduces participants to the principles of how to properly use Energy Isolating Devices and the tagout labelling process to increase safety and reduce risk in the workplace.
Whether you are a newly hired worker or an experienced employee, this program will expand your knowledge of Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures. The LOTO course summarizes the key components of a LOTO program and is intended to guide you in understanding the aspects of a Lockout/Tagout system.
- • Alberta OH&S Code Part 15 – Managing the Control of Hazardous Energy
- • Identifying the responsibilities of employers and employees
- • Explaining the difference between lockout and tagout
- • Identifying the equipment required for a secure lockout
- • Types of lockout devices
- • Process of locking out systems
- • Implementing procedures for lockout removal
Upon completion of this course you will:
- • Have a fundamental knowledge on Lockout/Tagout practices and procedures
- • Know when LOTO is and is not required
- • Be able to implement procedures for lockout removal
- • Keep your workers safe from hazardous energy sources or the inadvertent start-up of machinery
Note: Attendees are required to successfully complete a written exam and with an 80% pass mark.
- Members: $75.00
- Assoc. Members: $85.00
- Non Members: $125.00
*Prices do not include GST