Duration: 1 day
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
PPE Required: N/A
This one-day course is designed to prepare participants on the basic investigation techniques needed to investigate both a potential and actual workplace incident. This course covers the process of an incident investigation from start to finish including how to gather evidence, interview witnesses, analyze facts, determine root causes, write reports and recommend corrective actions.
- What to investigate, when and why
- Proper preparation (policies/procedures, team, investigation kit)
- How to react (providing medical care, dealing with the immediate risk)
- How to conduct an investigation
- Secure and evaluate the accident scene
- Collect evidence and gather facts
- Interview witnesses
- Analyze and find the "root cause"
- Write report and follow up
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Be prepared with a policy, team, and investigation kit;
- Conduct a complete investigation, including how to assess the accident scene, collect evidence and interview witnesses;
- Conduct an analysis and find the root causes; and
- Report and follow up.
CRSP Points: BCRSP has previously awarded CM points for this event. The current contains 8 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See BCRSP web site at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
- Members: $95.00
- Assoc. Members: $130.00
- Non Members: $175.00
*Prices do not include GST