Duration: 3 days
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Prerequisites: MHSA Forklift Operators Course (within 6 months prior to start), Minimum 300 hours experience operating a forklift, letter from Employer required (prior to start)
PPE Required: Steel toed boots
This 3-day hands-on comprehensive course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to teach an effective forklift operator course and evaluate competence. Participants will learn the instructional techniques involved to best deliver concepts in a classroom and/or field environment.
- Principles of Adult Education and Instructional Techniques
- Effective speaking and presentation techniques
- CSA and ANSI standards for lift trucks
- Alberta OH&S Legislation (including review of hazard assessment for forklift operation)
- Specific Forklift Components
- Stability and Physics of Forklifts
- Load Handling
- Operating Procedures
Upon successful completion of the course:
- Demonstrate effective speaking and presentation techniques.
- Train principles of safe forklift operation and present material in a classroom and hands-on format.
- Have strong understanding of course material (i.e., PowerPoint Presentation, course manuals, required documentation)
- Ensure the high quality of training processes and evaluation remains consistent for every course.
CRSP Points: BCRSP has previously awarded CM points for this event. The current contains 8 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See BCRSP web site at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
- Members: $625.00
- Assoc. Members: $625.00
- Non Members: $625.00
*Prices do not include GST