Duration: 3 days
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
1. MHSA Forklift Operators Course within previous 12 months
2. Minimum 300 hours of forklift operator experience
3. Train the Trainer - Operator Experience Form*
*At time of registration this form will be emailed to the registrant. The completed form must be submitted prior to the course starting date.
PPE Required: Safety boots
This 3-day hands-on comprehensive course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to teach an effective forklift operator course and evaluate competence. Participants will learn the instructional techniques involved to best deliver concepts in a classroom and/or field environment.
- Principles of Adult Education and Instructional Techniques
- Effective speaking and presentation techniques
- CSA and ANSI standards for lift trucks
- Alberta OH&S Legislation (including review of hazard assessment for forklift operation)
- Specific Forklift Components
- Stability and Physics of Forklifts
- Load Handling
- Operating Procedures
Upon successful completion of the course:
- Demonstrate effective speaking and presentation techniques.
- Train principles of safe forklift operation and present material in a classroom and hands-on format.
- Have strong understanding of course material (i.e., PowerPoint Presentation, course manuals, required documentation)
- Ensure the high quality of training processes and evaluation remains consistent for every course.
The attendee (instructor) must complete 1 training course within 12 months to receive their “trainer” status and a certificate
Employers are also encouraged to utilize the Canada-Alberta Job Grant program to gain significant returns on training costs. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is a funding program where employers and government share the cost of training new and existing employees to increase their knowledge and skills to meet the needs of Alberta’s changing economy.
Please visit the following website for eligibility details: http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/jobgrant.aspx
- Members: $775.00
- Non Members: $775.00
*Prices do not include GST